The techniques used
- Smearing/defaming critics of Israel, aka, attacking the messenger. This is even the terminology found in the Jew Students "Hasbara Handbook"
- Selective discussion of issues
- Framing of issues, and setting the terminology used in discussing Israel
- Harassing media about its coverage, aka, flak
- Challenging the portrayal of an alternative narrative, and attempting to keep the Jew narrative as the dominant one.
Propaganda is used by those who want to communicate in ways that engage the emotions and downplay rationality, in an attempt to promote a certain message.